Career Opportunities at Rock Spring Veterinary Clinic
Would you like to work at a well-established, progressive AAHA-accredited practice? We are a full-service veterinary practice that believes in commitment to excellence, compassionate care, integrity, teamwork, and trust between clients and our staff.
We seek team members who are compassionate toward people and pets, who desire continual professional development, and who can work as a team player and independently with a positive attitude.
Full-time employees will be eligible for medical/dental/vision insurance options, licensure dues (if applicable), paid time off (sick and vacation days), provided uniforms, continuing education allowance, paid dues for applicable professional associations.
All employees will receive a copy of our employee handbook and participate in our standardized training program during their first 90 days. Continued mentorship with experienced colleagues during employment remains available.
Competitive salaries are commensurate with experience.
About Rock Spring Veterinary Clinic
At Rock Spring Veterinary Clinic we believe in:
COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE –We offer state-of-the-art medical diagnostics and excellence in care and continuously pursue educational opportunities to benefit our patients. The field of veterinary medicine is constantly evolving, and we work hard to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable with current medical knowledge. Lifelong learning is a commitment we have as members of the veterinary field.
Registered Veterinary Technician
Rock Spring Veterinary Clinic is seeking a full-time Registered Veterinary Technician to join our team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1) Work in tandem with clinic veterinarians to provide excellent patient care with the services we offer, including but not limited to surgical nursing, radiography (digital and dental), ultrasound, patient handling (includes small animals and reptiles), venipuncture and IV catheter placement, client education/communication, etc.
- 2) Lead hospitalized and surgical patient care flow from arrival to discharge.
- 3) Maintain hospital equipment, such as blood machines, surgical instruments/autoclaves, and anesthesia machines.
- 4) Cleaning and sanitation of surgical suite, patient cages, exam tables, rooms, and runs as needed.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Veterinary Technology from an accredited program.
- Must have successfully passed the VTNE and be in good standing with the State of Maryland Board of Veterinary Medicine.
- Newly graduated veterinary technicians welcome to apply.
- 3 years or more of experience in the field.
- Trained or certified in fear-free patient-handling techniques.
- Experience with exotic mammals and reptiles.
- Proficiency using Avimark and Microsoft Office suite.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1) Work as a team with veterinary staff to provide excellent patient care with the services we offer, including but not limited to patient handling/restraint, client communication/education, hospital maintenance to include cleaning cages/exam rooms/yard, laundry, care of boarding and hospitalized patients, filling prescriptions, inventory intake, laboratory sample handling, and more.
- 2) Must be available to work some evening and weekend shifts and have reliable transportation
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply.